4.02.2011

Busy.At.Home

Busy.at.Home.
That doesn't even begin to describe the last 12 weeks of our lives, BUT wow have we been truly blessed beyond measure! These two precious girls have captured our hearts and we will never be the same. Backing up 9+ months, we had prayed that the Lord would grant us the desire of our hearts to have children, but our prayers were answered in a much different way than we had planned. Obviously it is the Lord's purpose and plan for our lives that prevailed and thus we are now the proud parents of not one little girl, but TWO!

My one desire is that these two girls would love the Lord with all their hearts. Yes, it is true that I spend most of my days just meeting their physical needs right now and running around cleaning bottles, wiping bottoms, soothing fussy babies, and loving on our girls, but more than anything I want to grow them up spiritually. I marvel at their perfectly formed bodies and stand in awe of our Creator who has carefully knit them together in His image. All I want is for them to praise the Lord with their lives and that task of raising them up to praise Him is a task I don't take lightly. I am so thankful I have the privilege to stay home and teach them the truth and read to them, sing songs with them, and pray with them. I believe it's never too early to start instilling Godliness in them and pray that one day their eyes will be opened to their need for a Savior.

So...with that being said, the journey of parenthood has begun. I'm now a mother to these precious babies and although "busy" may be an understatement of life with twins, my prayer is that I will be "busy" taking advantage of every moment to teach them and train them up in the Lord. May the Lord receive all glory from their lives and ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment