4.09.2011

A Day in the NICU World

Well they are here! There is nothing that I have experienced yet in life that makes me marvel more at the work of the Lord's hands than that of a baby. Just beyond words. Just staring at each of their tiny features that are each perfectly formed is just a miracle! Leaving them in the NICU and coming home is one of the strangest feelings as a mom. It just doesn't seem right to carry them in your womb for 9 months, give birth to them, and then come home without them. I did shed some tears but I will say wholeheartedly that the Lord sustained me throughout the few weeks they were in the NICU. Our nurses were incredible and while it made my heart to leave them I knew they were in great hands! I won't miss the driving back and forth multiple times a day to the hospital but I certainly will miss the relationships we have formed with everyone there. And I think the beeping sounds are forever engrained in my mind...
We can't wait to have you home with us girls!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment