8.01.2012

Wrightsville Family Beach Trip 2012

Makenzie & Maddie Grace at almost 16 months
This picture on the beach made all of the hard work of traveling to the beach without the hubby totally worth it! Well maybe not completely, but close :)


My brave and willing dad offered to drive myself, the twins, and my incredible sister (aka spouse for 5 days!) to the beach which meant we were all jammed packed into their car for an 8+ hr drive! They really did great on our way there all things considered! When they finally did get fussy we whipped out some lollipops, a first for them, and that kept them quite entertained until mommy had almost used a whole thing of wipes to get the stickiness off of them, their car seats and anything else within reach :) We also took our sweet time having lunch at ChickFilA and let the girls run around and get some energy out! We did a thorough cleaning of them after they crawled around on the bathroom floor-YUCK! 

I wasn't sure what the girls would think of their first "real" time to play in the sand and water, and my guess was they would hate it. I mean the minute their wet hands pick up sand and then head for the eyes and mouth, I figured we'd be done. And I certainly knew that wouldn't take long to happen, but I was so wrong. They absolutely LOVED it! There were incessant squeals of delight from both girls every time the waves crashed into their legs. It was adorable! Makenzie had NO fear and would head straight for the water! Maddie Grace would wait patiently to hold Mommy's hand :) Such different personalities once again!


So much work goes into getting them out there so I'm glad we were able to stay for at least an hour or so! They loved climbing into the bucket. Let's just say one baby fit a little better than the other =) The real highlight though was climbing in and out of the big hole that Grandpa dug for them in the sand! They also enjoyed dangling their feet into the hole while enjoying their bottles by the beach =)


My little beach babes!



Always a great feeling to have them bathed, fed, and clean for the evening! Maddie Grace decided to be a little ham and pose for the camera. She knew EXACTLY what she was doing and had us in stitches! Their new favorite thing is to hold hands which is so precious!


One afternoon we ventured over to the Yacht Club, where our family has countless memories over the years and tried to capture the girls picture. What a task that was even with the help of my mom and sister! You would think 3 vs. 2 would win out, but these little ones are quite handfuls! They sure do know how to melt my heart over and over again, that's for sure!


And when I think back to the 2 nights they screamed for 3+hrs and required their first "stick them in their car seats and drive around" experience, I see these precious faces pop into my mind and it makes it all worth it. Sleep deprived and all, I wouldn't trade spending time with extended family! 27 people under one roof is pretty chaotic, but pretty special! So thankful for our family and the opportunity to spend time together every summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment