11.27.2011

Thankful Hearts


I've been thinking a lot lately about our circumstances and our perspective on eternity. I feel like we, as a church, do not desire the Lord's return as we should. We focus so much on now and how we are feeling/doing on a day-to-day basis. That is not what I desire for my heart and it is so easy for me to forget. My prayer this Thanksgiving and in the coming year is to anticipate my Savior's return and long for the day when I will see His face and worship Him forever. With that being said, this Thanksgiving I/we were overwhelmed with the goodness of God. We believe that God is good all the time and He is sovereign over all things, working things out for OUR good and HIS glory. It is easy to praise Him in the "spring" times of our life and more difficult to praise Him in the "winter." He deserves ALL glory and ALL praise EVERY moment of EVERY day. I pray God gives myself and my family that perspective and that He would enable us to do just that! Kendall and I feel infinitely blessed this season of our lives and know it is only by God's grace. We know the trials and storms are coming so we hold fast to the truth of God and know He alone will sustain us during those times as well. But until those times come, we will cherish, savor, and rejoice in what He has done in our lives and the fact that He has so graciously poured out one blessing after another to us! Our hearts are full and we are eternally THANKFUL!



No comments:

Post a Comment