11.15.2011

Mommy's Birthday!

This year my birthday felt different. A good different. Two precious little ones staring up at me at 7am ready for the day. Two little mouths to feed all day and two little bottoms to wipe all day. Things don't suddenly get easier just because it's your birthday, BUT what a blessing. I was overwhelmed with complete gratitude this year for the blessing of two little girls that have been entrusted to us, but more than that a Savior that continues to love me, care for me, and pursue me day in and day out. I couldn't help but to think of all the comparisons that motherhood continues to teach me about the Father's love for His children. Things that without being a mom I would not have learned and I praise God for the way these things continue to mold me and make me more like Him. When I woke up today and thought about the daunting task of beginning a new day of taking care of TWO BABIES and doing virtually the same thing I did yesterday and the same thing I will, Lord willing, do tomorrow, I felt thankful. Thankful that the Lord had given me the desire of my heart for children and thankful for His grace and mercy that He so richly pours into my life day in and day out. What a memorable day and one I will never forget! Thank you sweet Jesus for the love you have for me that in turn enables me to love my girls well!


No comments:

Post a Comment