10.11.2011

Pumpkin Patch, Petting Zoo, & Picnicking




I'll start this post out by bragging on my sweet husband and daddy to our girls! He planned this fun-filled Saturday for us and told me how to dress the girls, what to bring with us, and how long we would be gone! The rest was left a secret! (I love surprises!) We loaded up the car a little after 8am and around 10ish we arrived at Bennett Farms, one of the cutest places I have been to in a while! I was sooo excited! For those that know me, I did my huge kid smile and did a little jump in the air when we arrived at the pumpkin patch! We had such a fabulous time and the girls were fantastic! They had their first hayride, first pumpkin picking, first time seeing farm animals, and a first picnic lunch later in the day! We also enjoyed an apple tart and got to see how syrup and pork rinds were made-this city girl was rather mesmerized! =) After leaving the farm, we headed to Cheaha State Park where we had a family picnic complete with all the "goodies" my dear husband picked out! Afterwards, we took the girls on their 2nd hike (a very short one!) and enjoyed being in the great outdoors! The weather and girls were both fantastic and we just had the best time as a family!!! Hopefully this will become an annual tradition for the Currie family!


No comments:

Post a Comment