3.25.2014

1st Trip to the Montgomery Zoo! (w/3!)

So by now you know that I try not to let the number of children I have or the difficulty of my particular circumstance hold me back from going and doing! =) This day was no different. I'm willing to try anything at least once and if it doesn't go so well we can leave and come home and never do it again try it again tomorrow, ha! So some ladies from First Pres invited us to join them at the Montgomery Zoo for a fun-filled day of surviving the hour-long car ride, loading up the double stroller + ergo with children, seeing the animals,  having a picnic lunch, and braving the restrooms with all the littles in tow. It could either be disastrous or a lot of fun. I was hoping for the latter. Especially since we have desperately missed being able to run to the zoo for a few hours like we did in Birmingham!
So not only was it fun and memorable, all three did amazing!! There, I said it. =) This outing went off without a hitch, even having to pump in a grassy field with my nursing cover on, while feeding AK her bottle in the stroller, passing bites of lunch to the twins, and grabbing a couple bites myself. We did it and it was SO.MUCH.FUN. Great time to spend with these ladies and their families for the day and thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them better. I got home that night and for the first time I felt like we had friends in Auburn. Not just people we know, but friends and it felt so good to have community again! The Lord's faithfulness never ceases to amaze me, even if it's in His timing rather than mine! We will be back to the zoo before long I'm sure now that I know we can manage with 3 little ones (you can change up the arrangement with the double bob + ergo and switch out who rides where=) and still have a good time as a family! And we even made it home with smiles on our faces after getting stuck in non-moving traffic for over an hour...=)

No comments:

Post a Comment