1.10.2013

I Will Miss This...

The days are long but the years are short. (and in my world with two babies, sometimes they are incredibly long!) While I was pregnant I heard people tell me this quite often and it didn't resonate in my heart like it does today. I couldn't agree more with that statement and while some days I feel like I'm treading water tending to one fit after another, other days are beautiful and full of tons of smiles and joys! So knowing this, I truly do try to savor my little ones while they are little. We try to read as many books as they want, even if I don't want to read the 31st one. I try to teach them as much as I possibly can and love them and shower them with affection like it could be my last. For only God knows the plans He alone has for these precious ones..

So without further ago, here are the things I can already see myself missing in the days ahead when I am no longer a mommy to two young children!

1. the smell of my clean babies covered in the purple bottle of Johnson & Johnson baby lotion
2. their pudgy tummies in the bathtub
3. their open-mouthed oh so slobbery kisses each day!
4. them being tiny enough to both still fit in my lap for stories & fighting to do so
5. the endless amounts of books they like to read everyday
6. the way they wrap their arms around our necks and "squeeze" us tight!
7. rocking them in the middle of the night when they wake up
8. them going nuts in their crib together during family worship time
9. the way they can get each other laughing uncontrollably
10 .tight, footie pajamas! Is there anything cuter?
11. Maddie Grace sucking her thumb and getting her bunny ear positioned just right under her nose =)
12. Makenzie needing 2 pacis-one to suck and one to put on her finger
13. watching them try to do the motions to The Wheels on the Bus, The Itsy Bitsy Spider, & This Little Light of Mine
14. the incessant giggles I can get from the girls just by playing peek-a-boo with them or sneaking up on them/chasing them 
15. how snuggly they are sleeping at night!
16. hearing them say mommy and mama over and over again =)
17. having a few minutes alone during naptime each day to regroup or update this blog!
18. seeing them try to put their own socks and shoes on or walk in mommy or daddy's shoes
19. seeing their scribble scrabble when coloring
20. watching their daddy love on them and wrestle with them in ways mommy just doesn't!
21. their sheer excitement when we do new activities: play dough, color with markers, bake cookies, play games
22. the way they love their alone time with mommy and daddy and get possessive over us
23. the sound of their little feet running around
24. when they run to us when we pick them up at church
25. hearing them learn to sing songs: E-I, E-I
26. MG's chubby little fingers and Makenzie's petite little hands
27. their naked little bottoms running from us after bathtime!
28. Them folding their hands, closing their eyes, muttering a short or sometimes rather long prayer, then throwing their arms in the air and saying amen!

They are incredibly precious gifts from God and I hope we never forget all the cuteness that sometimes gets clouded by whininess, lack of sleep at night, or clingy toddlers.


Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.  Psalm 127: 3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment